In our second installment of Odyssey Interviews, Yavar has a conversation with film composer and conductor Cliff Eidelman. Eidelman is perhaps best known for his striking score for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and has scored such diverse projects as Leap of Faith, Triumph of the Spirit, The Meteor Man, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Eidelman has also written a variety of works for the concert hall, some of which will be featured on an album being released this fall. Over the course of this interview, Eidelman talks about his personal encounters with Jerry Goldsmith, the unique challenges of conducting Goldsmith's work, his current musical endeavors, and much more.
Note: Since this interview was conducted, the digital release date for Cliff Eidelman's "Symphony for Orchestra and Two Pianos" has shifted to early November instead of late October. For up-to-date information on Eidelman and his work, visit his website.
Music in this Episode:
- 00:00 - C2 Logo Fanfare (Goldsmith)
- 02:14 - Christopher Columbus: The Discovery - The Great Sea (Eidelman)
- 06:41 - Planet of the Apes - No Escape (Goldsmith)
- 10:02 - Rudy - The Final Game (Goldsmith)
- 17:49 - Alien - Breakaway (Eidelman conducting Goldsmith)
- 35:56 - Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country - Sign Off (Eidelman)
- 43:01 - The Tempest: Tone Poem for Orchestra (Eidelman)
- 47:01 - Symphony for Orchestra and Two Pianos (Eidelman)
- 49:01 - Symphony for Orchestra and Two Pianos (Eidelman)
- 52:45 - Night in the Gallery - Seduction and Mischief (Eidelman)
- 53:57 - Night in the Gallery - The Tempest and the Mysterious Clown (Eidelman)
- 56:24 - Being Dolphin 4D (Eidelman)
- 1:08:15 - Rudy - The Final Game (Eidelman conducting Goldsmith)
Please send your correspondence to email@example.com.