The second season of The Goldsmith Odyssey launches in January, but in the meantime, we’ve got another Odyssey Interview for you. This time, Yavar has a wide-ranging conversation with Kritzerland Records founder Bruce Kimmel (also a multi-talented actor, director, writer, playwright, and songwriter), who worked on multiple Goldsmith albums for Varèse Sarabande before releasing a number of Goldsmith titles under his own label. In addition to discussing his work on those albums, Kimmel touches on his formative film music encounters, his shifting feelings on Goldsmith’s work over the decades, and much more. It’s a candid and engaging chat you won’t want to miss.
Music in this Episode:
- 00:00 - C2 Logo Fanfare
- 06:05 - Dr. Kildare - Three Stars Will Shine Tonight (Feat. Richard Chamberlain)
- 09:29 - Islands in the Stream - The Boys Arrive
- 12:21 - The Other - The Flight
- 32:12 - Breakheart Pass - Here They Come Pt. II
- 35:00 - Poltergeist II: The Other Side - The Worm/Out of the Ceiling
- 38:11 - Rio Conchos - River Crossing
- 47:09 - Alien Nation - Alien Dance
W. David Lichty's Reference of Referred to Players™:
- Nick Redman has been the key connection with the 20th Century Fox vaults since 1993, leading to over 500 soundtrack releases.
- Mike Matessino is an extraordinary gift to humanity, restorer and masterer of film music, with current credits on 318 albums and 324 isolated music tracks, all of which his magic fingers have spun into audio gold.
Please send your correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.